By David Knox, Scott Gaetjen, Hamza Jahangir, Tyler Muth, Patrick Sack, Richard Wark, Bryan Wise
Cutting-edge thoughts from best Oracle safety experts
This Oracle Press consultant demonstrates sensible functions of the main compelling tools for constructing safe Oracle database and middleware environments. you can find complete assurance of the most recent and most well liked Oracle items, together with Oracle Database and Audit Vaults, Oracle software convey, and safe enterprise Intelligence applications.
Applied Oracle Security demonstrates how to construct and gather a number of the Oracle applied sciences required to create the delicate purposes demanded in modern day IT international. so much technical references simply speak about a unmarried product or product suite. As such, there's no roadmap to give an explanation for the way to get one product, product-family, or suite to paintings with one other. This e-book fills that void with admire to Oracle Middleware and Database items and the world of defense.
Read or Download Applied Oracle Security: Developing Secure Database and Middleware Environments PDF
Similar oracle books
* improve carrier and message-oriented strategies at the Oracle provider Bus following most sensible practices utilizing this e-book and ebook
* expand your functional wisdom of establishing ideas at the Oracle carrier Bus
* jam-packed with hands-on cookbook recipes, with the whole and accomplished resolution as an OSB and SOA Suite undertaking, made on hand electronically for download
Grasp Oracle E-Business Suite's Oracle basic Ledger retain a centralized, hugely automatic processing platform across a totally built-in set of Oracle E-Business Suite functions utilizing Oracle normal Ledger. This Oracle Press advisor explains easy methods to make the most of Oracle basic Ledger to distribute well timed and actual monetary info enterprise-wide.
Oracle Exadata Recipes takes an example-based, problem/solution procedure in exhibiting easy methods to measurement, set up, configure, deal with, visual display unit, optimize, and migrate Oracle database workloads on and to the Oracle Exadata Database computing device. even if you’re an Oracle Database administrator, Unix/Linux administrator, garage administrator, community administrator, or Oracle developer, Oracle Exadata Recipes presents powerful and confirmed recommendations to complete a wide selection of projects at the Exadata Database laptop.
Professional Oracle Fusion functions is your one-stop resource for aid with fitting Oracle's Fusion functions suite on your on-premise surroundings. It additionally aids within the tracking and ongoing management of your Fusion setting. writer Tushar Thakker is celebrated for his writings and services on Oracle Fusion purposes, and now he brings his gathered knowledge to you within the kind of this useful guide.
- Cloud Computing Using Oracle Application Express
- The Pocket Oracle and Art of Prudence
- Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
- Expert Oracle Application Express
- Mastering Oracle PL/SQL: Practical Solutions
Extra resources for Applied Oracle Security: Developing Secure Database and Middleware Environments
While that may seem an impossible task, it is not. New technologies such as Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) can add a layer of security, thereby increasing security and keeping coding to a minimum, along with minimal costs, effort, and performance degradation. Another best practice is to apply a security layer as close to the data as possible. This is an optimization technique in that it allows you to get the biggest return for the effort. If the data can be secured in the database, then do it there.
3. A one-to-one user-to-account ratio is a management nightmare. It has long been argued that you should not allow users to share accounts. Whether you agree with this or not, shared accounts happen quite frequently, especially when the users share 16 Part I: Oracle Database Security New Features functions and thus privileges. The scary aspect of shared accounts is that they are often applied to administrator accounts such as root, SYS, or SYSTEM for the database. Shared accounts allow multiple users to access the same account but in doing so, it obfuscates their unique identities.
In this chapter, we highlight those new capabilities. You will hear about several practical uses of TDE, learn details on the mechanics, and see examples of how to get it working for your applications. To accomplish this, you will see examples based on the storage and use of credit card data. Credit card data, like all sensitive data, should be protected from disclosure and misuse, because it can cost both cardholders and credit card issuance companies when it’s used in fraudulent transactions.