By Donald Bales
Beginning Oracle PL/SQL will get you began in utilizing the integrated language that each Oracle developer and database administrator needs to comprehend. Oracle Database is brim-full of integrated program positive factors which are unfastened for the utilizing, and PL/SQL is your price ticket to studying approximately and utilizing these positive factors out of your personal code. With it, you could centralize enterprise good judgment within the database, you could offload software common sense, and you'll automate database- and application-administration projects.
Author Don Bales presents in Beginning Oracle PL/SQL a fast moving and example-filled educational. research from Don’s large adventure to find the main usual features of PL/SQL, with out losing time on imprecise and out of date beneficial properties.
The writer takes his 20+ years of expertise and a wealth of information he is collected on PL/SQL utilization over these years and applies the 80/20 rule: disguise what is such a lot wanted and utilized by PL/SQL pros and stay away from what is now not beneficial! the result's a ebook that covers all of the key good points of PL/SQL with out wasting precious time discussing esoteric and out of date elements of the language. examine what particularly issues, so you might get to paintings feeling convinced with what you recognize approximately PL/SQL.
- Covers the main themes that topic, together with variables and datatypes, executing statements, operating with cursors, bulk operations, real-world gadgets, debugging, checking out, and more.
- Teaches you to put in writing production-level, object-oriented PL/SQL. you will discover relational PL/SQL, yet not like such a lot different books at the topic, this one emphasizes using PL/SQLs object-oriented positive aspects as well.
- Guides you in operating via actual examples of utilizing of PL/SQL. you are going to research PL/SQL through making use of it to real-world enterprise difficulties, no longer via heavy theory.
Read Online or Download Beginning Oracle PL/SQL PDF
Best oracle books
* improve carrier and message-oriented strategies at the Oracle provider Bus following most sensible practices utilizing this e-book and ebook
* expand your sensible wisdom of establishing recommendations at the Oracle provider Bus
* jam-packed with hands-on cookbook recipes, with the total and entire resolution as an OSB and SOA Suite undertaking, made on hand electronically for download
Grasp Oracle E-Business Suite's Oracle common Ledger keep a centralized, hugely computerized processing platform across a absolutely built-in set of Oracle E-Business Suite functions utilizing Oracle common Ledger. This Oracle Press consultant explains easy methods to make the most of Oracle normal Ledger to distribute well timed and actual monetary info enterprise-wide.
Oracle Exadata Recipes takes an example-based, problem/solution technique in displaying tips on how to dimension, set up, configure, deal with, video display, optimize, and migrate Oracle database workloads on and to the Oracle Exadata Database computing device. no matter if you’re an Oracle Database administrator, Unix/Linux administrator, garage administrator, community administrator, or Oracle developer, Oracle Exadata Recipes presents potent and confirmed options to complete a large choice of projects at the Exadata Database laptop.
Professional Oracle Fusion functions is your one-stop resource for aid with fitting Oracle's Fusion functions suite on your on-premise atmosphere. It additionally aids within the tracking and ongoing management of your Fusion surroundings. writer Tushar Thakker is well known for his writings and services on Oracle Fusion functions, and now he brings his gathered knowledge to you within the kind of this handy instruction manual.
- OCP: Oracle8i DBA SQL and PL/SQL Study Guide
- Oracle NoSQL database : real-time big data management for the enterprise
- Expert Oracle JDBC Programming: High Performance Applications with Oracle 10g
- RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g : A Problem-Solution Approach
- Oracle pocket reference
Additional resources for Beginning Oracle PL/SQL
Anonymous Blocks We’ll start with an anonymous PL/SQL block. It’s called anonymous because it’s not going to be saved in the database, so it will never have a name. In practice, you won’t find yourself using anonymous blocks in production, but you’ll use them throughout the development process. They’re perfect for creating test units that you’ll eventually move into your stored PL/SQL blocks. You’ll learn more about that in Chapter 8. For now, let’s look at an example. 37 Chapter 2 ■ Blocks, Functions, and Procedures Anonymous Block Example Listing 2-1 is an example of an anonymous PL/SQL block.
Listing 1-26. tab rem by Donald J. gather_table_stats(USER, 'WORKER_TYPES'); This listing is more complex than the previous ones in this chapter. Here’s the breakdown: • Lines 1 through 3 document the name of the script, the author, and the date it was written. This is typical—everyone wants to know who to blame. • Lines 5 and 13 have DROP statements that I’ve commented out. Those were really handy when I was in the iterative development cycle, where I had to edit my script to refine it and then recompile.
They’re perfect for creating test units that you’ll eventually move into your stored PL/SQL blocks. You’ll learn more about that in Chapter 8. For now, let’s look at an example. 37 Chapter 2 ■ Blocks, Functions, and Procedures Anonymous Block Example Listing 2-1 is an example of an anonymous PL/SQL block. Comments describe the different sections. Listing 2-1. sql 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 -- This is an anonymous procedure, so it has no name DECLARE /* You declare local cursors, variables, and methods here, but you don't need to have a declaration section.